Here are the tour cities where we still need local volunteers to help us make this tour a reality. If you aren’t nearby but still want to help, please reblog this notice and let your friends in these cities know we’re looking for POC folk and allies to join our crew to help make each event as rad and inspiring as possible! <3
Sept 24 New York, NY
- We have three volunteers so far, but can always use more since there are two NYC dates!
Sept 25 Philadelphia, PA
- No one confirmed so far, so any Philly folks down to help out?
Sept 26 Pittsburgh, PA
- No one confirmed so far, so any Pittsburgh folks down to help out?
Sept 27 Athens, OH
- No one confirmed so far, so any Athens folks down to help out?
Sept 28 Detroit, MI
- No one confirmed so far, so any Detroit folks down to help out?
Sept 29 Ann Arbor, MI
- No one confirmed so far, so any Ann Arbor folks down to help out?
Oct 3 Columbus, OH
- No one confirmed so far, so any Columbus folks down to help out?
Oct 4 Blacksburg, VA
- No one confirmed so far, so any Blacksburg folks down to help out?
Oct 5 Washington, DC
- No one confirmed so far, so any folks down to help out?
Oct 7 New York, NY
- We can use more help during the tour finale event!
Contact via Tumblr or email daniela AT dcapmedia DOT com. Thanks!
If you don’t see your city on this list, we can always use extra help during each stop on the tour, so reach out to us! We feel you on the awkwardness of contacting people you don’t know, but trust us: we’re very nice people and fun to collaborate with :)
Here are some ways that you can (in person and remotely) support POC Zine Project’s first tour:
1) On-site support
We need help with setting up and clean up at each venue. We also need someone to help manage the community tabling area and make sure nothing is taken that is for sale without being paid for and some inventory assistance. Basically, a point for community tabling at the show.
2) Tabling & speaking
If you’re a POC zinester, we would LOVE to have you table at the event (you keep all proceeds). Just having you there would make us very happy :) Also, you interested in reading at the event? We’d love to include you!
If you’re not POC but still want to table, feel free to contact us! We’re only turning away non-poc who have demonstrated behaviors that we don’t want to support. However, we are always down to connect and celebrate zine culture with allies.
We can use help with promoting the tour in your town, especially if you’re one of the cities on the tour date. This promotion can be done online, in real life, or both. Contact us for specifics. But we want to encourage folks to be creative and make their own digital and print fliers about each event, so contact us for specifics.
We need assistance with places to stay on each tour stop. Contact us if you’re down to host one, a few or ALL of us! :) We’re very respectful of personal space and will clean up after ourselves, promise!
5) Strategic Partnerships
Do you know of a person or an entity that we should be contacting? Let us know! Think outside the box as well - sometimes the best collaborations are the ones we least expect.
To find out how your can help and to offer feedback and suggestions, contact us via Tumblr or email daniela AT dcapmedia DOT com. Thanks!
Love and Solidarity,
POC Zine Project
Editor’s Note: This volunteer call does not pertain to venue and band booking. This is specifically a call for volunteers to help with the different areas of need tied to organizing a DIY 100% volunteer tour. Thanks
- thedfl likes this
- thinkthankthot reblogged this from poczineproject and added:
- nailthatsticksup reblogged this from poczineproject
- poczineproject likes this
- rknjl said: Hey, I’m from DC and friends with some of the folks who organized DC Zinefest two weeks ago. I’ll put my feelers out.
- rknjl reblogged this from poczineproject
- lalunafemme reblogged this from poczineproject
- poczineproject posted this