Hi there! We wanted to respond to your question right away because it represents several that we’ve been getting as of late:
1. This first tour is NOT going to the west coast, unfortunately. It’s not because we don’t want to (in fact Daniela, the founder of POC Zine Project, is originally from Cali!) - it’s because this is what we can support at this time. We can’t take the time off and don’t have enough funding to tour across the country in 2012.
12 cities over two weeks is pretty ambitious for our first tour and we’re grateful that we will be able to pull this off, considering all the many factors involved.
2. We WILL have several events on the west coast in 2013 <3 … Stay tuned for updates.
3. Folks who are interested in participating in and/or supporting west coast events in 2013 should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Some of you are already doing that, so thank you!
4. We mentioned previously that we want to organize a national poc zinester + ally conference for 2014. An event at such as scale takes time to put together (especially when everyone is volunteering their time), which is why we’re aiming for 2014. If you want to participate in that and help to organize, send us a message and indicate the following:
- Your name
- Your city (where you will be in 2014, if you know)
- Your contact info (email and cell if you have it)
- How you think you would like to support a national poc zinester conference. If you have any workshop ideas, share that as well!
5. Since we can’t tell who you are, Anon from San Luis Obispo, please send an email and we’ll share information about local POC Zine Project event organizing in your area for 2013. <3
- POC Zine Project