COMMUNITY SPOTLIGHT: Support the Dari Project, first bilingual publication of LGBTQ Korean American stories!
SIGNAL BOOSTING and we’re going to make a donation on 11/15/12 (click here for thoughts on supporting beyond the re-blog):
Please consider supporting this wonderful project to publish the first bilingual publication of LGBTQ Korean American stories designed as a resource by and for queer Korean Americans and their families:
Like and keep up to date with Dari Project on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DariProject
Dari Project is a volunteer-led, grassroots organization that develops resources to increase awareness and acceptance of LGBTQ people of Korean descent in Korean American communities.
Dari Project seeks to build bridges among Korean American families, social networks, institutions and faith communities by documenting and sharing the life stories of LGBTQ Koreans.
Since its inception in 2006, the Dari Project leadership has dreamed of publishing the first collection of personal narratives of LGBTQ Koreans as a bilingual resource for LGBTQ Koreans and their friends and families, and they’re so close to making this dream a reality!
They’ve solicited 27 stories from members of their community, which represent a wide range of experiences, including homo/bi/transphobia in Korean American communities, coming out as an LGBTQ person, building relationships with family, and membership in faith communities.
This publication is designed to provide young Korean Americans coming into LGBTQ identities with stories in which they can see their lives reflected and as a resource for Korean American families coming to terms with having LGBTQ children.
Thanks to some friends and supporters they’ve been able to get started, but they need your help to publish this collection as a bilingual print resource for our community.
Your generous contributions will help edit, translate, design, and print their stories as a book.
If they can make their goal of $7000, it will help make this book available for FREE to your friends, families, communities, and people you care about.
Your generous contributions will go towards:
- Full Korean and English translation services
- Editing Korean and English Stories
- Publication Design
- Publication Printing
- Dari Project Marketing
Point of awareness: Mark in the Queer Commons google group
- gwest650 likes this
- ringomoon likes this
- jejecooksrice reblogged this from deepfriedcoconutbutter
- shadesoffantasy reblogged this from aragingquiet
- ethiopienne likes this
- pambana reblogged this from deepfriedcoconutbutter
- han-nara reblogged this from deepfriedcoconutbutter
- han-nara likes this
- elvesarebad reblogged this from aragingquiet
- fuckyourracism reblogged this from lostintrafficlights
- asspoop likes this
- aragingquiet reblogged this from muhbones
- jarrations likes this
- lostintrafficlights reblogged this from deepfriedcoconutbutter
- lostintrafficlights likes this
- politicalnighties likes this
- muhbones reblogged this from poczineproject
- deepfriedcoconutbutter reblogged this from kynodontas and added:
- kynodontas reblogged this from disorientd
- nuocmamca likes this
- deepfriedcoconutbutter likes this
- disorientd reblogged this from moonroot
- disorientd likes this
- donutemergency reblogged this from poczineproject
- moonroot reblogged this from whale
- punapologetic reblogged this from poczineproject
- filth-thezine reblogged this from poczineproject
- amipunkyet reblogged this from poczineproject
- maylooklikedisaster reblogged this from poczineproject
- purplemachine likes this
- mzmew likes this
- talesofthestarshipregeneration likes this
- poczineproject posted this