Last year’s inaugural tour was amazing but that was just the beginning. 14 cities last year = 12 more cities this year <3
Dates may shift slightly before October and we are still accepting invites from academic and community spaces, collectives, orgs and individuals. If you haven’t contacted us already, please do: email@example.com.
If you look at this list and think “Why the heck do they keep missing the full Midwest?” Don’t trip, chocolate chip. The 2015 NATIONAL Zinester Conference is going down in YOUR house! Yeah! Midwest all the way! And we’ll be bringing in FIVE international zinesters/activists to share their work! Yeah, buddy! If you want to help, reach out!
Thoughts become things. Be intentional with your thoughts.
2013 TOUR DETAILS: What we know so far
Native/Indigenous solidarity will be a core component of this tour. If you’re actively involved in local efforts in your city, please reach out. We want you to speak at our events & help you distribute your printed zines/materials nationwide. We hope our small platform helps to make a difference.
We will be doing TWO events in each city, just like last year's tour. There will be an academic event at a participating university in the daytime and one DIY/community show in the evening. The academic events will be free and open to the public, while the evening DIY shows will be a sliding scale cover. NO ONE TURNED AWAY FOR LACK OF FUNDS <3
The DIY show covers pay for our gas and food, so give what you can.
We will be able to share accessibility/child care details for each city once we have more information.
The Race Riot! touring member lineup will be revealed in the coming weeks. HINT: Think more people, rotating members and lots of guest readers in each city.
Self-care and caregiving resources will be a significant aspect of this tour for participating readers/performers.
OK, enough context. Here are the dates & cities (all subject to change)!
[SEE UPDATED LIST ON OUR #RACERIOTTOUR PAGE]
All details subject to change. We will share specifics about each city as we finalize tour logistics.
MICHIGAN FOLKS: Wow, such love! We’ve received a few requests from y’all to come out this year. We did two events there in 2012 and cannot return in 2013 (we are not a funded entity - we rely on donations and have day jobs/other obligations <3). If you’re in Michigan and want to support this tour in other ways, contact us, thanks.
We can only do so much, and we do a lot with very little. Richmond, VA and other cities: We wish we could be everywhere for this tour, but we can’t. Let’s figure out ways to partner that will yield long term outcomes for local POC orgs and collectives. Thanks for understanding.
OTHER WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
We are looking for the following:
- Guest readers in every city (you must be a person of color)
- Rotating tour buddies: Join us on the road and participate in 1-3 tour events as a panelist/reader/tabler
- POC (or POC fronted) bands to perform at each #raceriottour event!
- More POC & ally tablers for each city: come to a POCZP event in your town and table for your zine/org/collective/creative project (check out some of the POC artists/merchants who tabled last year) <3
We’re also looking for folks to help us produce #raceriottour fundraiser events between now and September. This might be a good solution for you if you are unable to travel.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Make sure to use “2013 RACE RIOT TOUR” as the email subject.
ABOUT THE RACE RIOT! TOUR
POC Zine Project held its first Race Riot! Tour in 2012, producing 20 events in 14 U.S. cities, which included speaking engagements at six universities. Click here to view photos from the POC Zine Project: 2012 Race Riot! Tour tour finale at Death By Audio in Brooklyn and access all the tour stop recaps.
We will be taking the Race Riot! Tour through 12 more U.S. cities in 2013. Stay tuned for updates as we work on partnering with POC-affirming orgs overseas. If you are outside the U.S. and want to be a part of our emerging POCZP Global Ambassadors program, email email@example.com.
SUPPORT POC ZINE PROJECT
If everyone in our community gave $1, we would more than meet our fundraising goal for 2013. If you have it to spare, we appreciate your support. All funds go to our 2013 tour, the Legacy Series and the poverty zine series.
DONATE link via PayPal: http://bit.ly/SHdmyh
- brittan6u4tj reblogged this from poczineproject and added:
- muchachafanzine likes this
- werebears likes this
- romsle reblogged this from poczineproject and added:
- romsle likes this
- spacecatz likes this
- kaityestelle reblogged this from poczineproject
- niaking likes this
- rcekat reblogged this from poczineproject
- tofuplanet likes this
- dennishopper likes this
- ragtagdiariesofafacelessentity likes this
- deafula likes this
- welovezines reblogged this from poczineproject
- thewrathofkwan reblogged this from poczineproject
- nepantlera-en-la-frontera said: i can help out with the New Mexico Show if yall come thru Las Cruces
- nepantlera-en-la-frontera likes this
- nolanrossneckscarf likes this
- mokarnage reblogged this from poczineproject and added:
- mokarnage likes this
- notyourexrotic reblogged this from poczineproject
- strangeloopstrangeloop likes this
- kelleykerplunk reblogged this from poczineproject
- muckrakingiswomenswork reblogged this from poczineproject
- poczineproject posted this