ALERT: POC Zine Project is looking for more gender non-conforming tour members!
As we covered in our presi recounting the successes and mistakes from last year’s Race Riot! tour, we are making it a priority to involve more gender representations in this year’s tour. We want to make sure we’re helping to amplify as many voices as possible.
With that in mind, we already have several cis women confirmed as participants (tour roster announcement coming soon). We’re now looking for 1-2 more gender non-conforming folks to join us on the road.
Our tour route has evolved. We are now going to 20 cities and producing 30-40 events between Oct. 3 - Nov. 9, 2013. Yup! We’ve expanded the tour route to include more midwest tour dates (we’ll post an updated lineup very soon - here’s the original announcement).
Email email@example.com for information on how to participate & help spread the word!
- You must ID as either trans and/or gender nonconforming or cis male.
- You must ID as a person of color.
- You can commit to at least three of the tour dates between Oct 3 - Nov 9.
- You have either made & released at least one zine or consistently operate a website/blog/digital presence that amplifies the voices of QTPOC.
- You have at least some experience with public speaking.
- You are either based in the U.S. or can cover the cost of your own travel outside the U.S.
That’s it! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “QTPOC tour member” as the subject line and in your email make sure to include the following details:
- Your preferred name and a little about yourself (why you want to go on tour with POCZP, your relationship to zines/self publishing, etc.)
- the city and state you’re presently living in
- the name of the last zine you made/how to purchase it and/or the URLS for your digital platforms (blog, twitter, facebook, etc.)
- a brief description of your public speaking history
- a brief description of any special needs (allergies, mobility issues, etc.)
- any initial questions you may have about tour date cities, budgeting, accessibility, etc.
A POCZP representative will get back to you by July 15, 2015.
DEADLINE: July 10, 2013.
We are finalizing the touring roster by August 1, 2013.
ACCESSIBILITY DISCLOSURE: All our touring events will be wheelchair accessible and have a safer spaces policy. Unfortunately, our tour vehicle cannot accommodate wheelchairs — but it can be navigated with braces, crutches, etc. As a result of this finance-based limitation, all touring members must be able to navigate the tour vehicle and event spaces with minimal support.
Send all accessibility questions to email@example.com.
We will post an accessibility FAQ for this year’s tour as soon as it’s ready.